Thursday, December 26, 2013

WeatherTech factory store is the Apple store of car floor mats

As the title of this post reads, the WeatherTech factory store is undoubtedly the Apple store of car floor mat retailers and this is why.  Recently I had the pleasure of visiting the WeatherTech factory store in Bolingbrook, IL.  When I walked in I was greeted immediately in front of the front door of the factory store by a WeatherTech employee.  She requested my name and let me know that there was a waiting list, so I gave her my name and she mentioned that I should listen for my name to be called.  Naturally I asked that she call out "Phonepopup" when I was called, she obliged.  She then told me that if interested I could grab free coffee, cookies, scones or any of the other free bakery items I wanted from the cafe.  Yes free coffee and treats while purchasing car floor mats.  I was impressed and I thanked her, walked over and did grab a coffee.  I had been to the WeatherTech factory store once prior, but it was a couple years ago.  Later I had learned that the factory store had been remodeled about a year ago.  The WeatherTech factory store space is now a lot bigger and I was amazed as they have a display set up in the factory store for most of the other products that they have available for sale on their website, http://www.weathertech.com

After grabbing a coffee I walked around and took quick look at the other products they have in store.  Upon walking in and then walking around I noticed that the lighting was very bright, which was nice.  I was impressed with the waiting area that had plush leather couches and there were also multiple seat stool tables with 4 chairs per table.  The chairs basically had a chrome finish that was amazing to me.  The WeatherTech staff was constantly walking around with some type of cleaner spray and was spraying off each unoccupied table making sure that whomever was coming to shop had the ability to take a seat on an extremely clean stool table as well as polishing each chair that was at each table.  On top of each table there was a little double sided sign, a little bigger than the size of a business card, that said "Free Wifi" on each side and of course had logos for Foursquare, Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp.  Message me if I did not correctly remember which social sites were listed on each side of the "Free Wifi" signs.

I thought the whole layout of the store was remarkable and was thinking to myself that if I ever had a car mats retail store, that this was the way things should be done.  Every action the employees at the WeatherTech factory store took while I was there also aligned with that same mantra, "the way things should be done".  Should you ever have the opportunity to visit the store, make sure you do it as it was an unforgettable experience.  On top of having perfected digitally laser fit car floor mats, WeatherTech really nailed it on the retail presentation end of their business and it is admirable for anyone interested in seeing a flourishing establishment doing business at a very high level.  I will be back when I need floor mats and I will make sure I tell everyone I know about the WeatherTech factory store.  I suggest you do the same.  Thanks for reading and be sure to check out my website sometime by clicking the following link below:

http://www.phonepopup.com